Australian White Symposium – May 4th – 5th, 2019
Saturday May 4th and Sunday May 5th at “Branxton Park”, Black Springs NSW
Open to anyone with an interest in the development of the Australian White Sheep Breed
Saturday 4th May 2019
- Breed Development
The development of the Australian White sheep breed from its beginnings in 2007 and how it has evolved since then.
- The use of Embryo Transfer in developing the Australian White breed – How the Australian White sheep breed was uniquely designed through Embryo Transfer.
- Selection in breeding – How to use selective breeding in order to ensure consistency in type, and understanding genetic variation and diversity.
- Keynote Address – Eating Quality and Health Benefits of Red Meat!
Presented by Aduli Malau-Aduli, Associate Professor, Animal Nutrition and Genetics
- Demonstration on how to bone out a lamb – A practical demonstration highlighting the meat quality and shape.
- Breed Typing & Judging – A practical demonstration with sheep on display and an opportunity to ask questions.
- 7:00pm – 6 Course Gala Dinner
- Featuring Australian White Lamb will be presented by Chef Mynette Richardson – Chief Chef at Lambition, Bendigo in 2018
- Dinner Auction of some Australian White Memorabilia – Funds raised will go to help subsidise the event.
Sunday 5th May
- Breakfast & presentation by Toni Barton
A breakfast featuring Lamb Bacon supplied by Toni Burton – developer of the branded product “LamBacon”
- Commercial Breeders
A panel of Commercial Breeders will share their stories and facilitate a discussion on th attributes of Australian White Sheep in varying environments.
- Open Forum
- Annual General Meeting